it has been forever since I've written. I got caught up in working approx 70 trillion hours a week.. then our lease was up and finding a new place/moving/packing/still unpacking has been a big process as well. now I'm back to normal 40hour work weeks and a new apartment that's slowly becoming home. oh, and I'm a new age! the big 22nd birthday came and went last week. spent a couple of days with my parents and a rented Wrangler. we ate homemade lasagna and cake for my dinner (I declined eat out, I'm still a college kid in the sense that Mom's cooking is my craving) after taking a dusty drive up to the Alpine Center on Trail Ridge Road. I spent the actual bday in the Springs cleaning and doing laundry- that made me feel oldest of all. welcome to the real world, ha!
the new apartment is in a super nice complex, complete with pool, spa, and waterfall. Molly loves the huge open field right down the street- she wakes me up at exactly 6:00 every morning with the tennis ball in her mouth. I stay half asleep as I throw it for ten minutes, and then force her back to bed with me :) today we went to the dog park to get some of her energy out.. she, as always, decided it was necessary to steal every other dog's tennis ball. the dogs' owners would have been upset except they couldn't stop laughing at my crackhead who managed to cram three tennis balls into her mouth. goof.
summer has been HOT and I can't say I'm not looking forward to fall. I'll be back to school in November but until then, it's work work work and maybe a few camping trips thrown in there. tomorrow I have big plans to pretend I don't have adult things to do and instead drive into the mountains to take Molls swimming. I stand firmly on the idea that most people don't have to be as responsible when they live in CO. too much fun stuff to do :)
time to shower and head out.. I'll be picking up Ry from work, figuring out what dinner might be, and then heading to a friend's front porch for a few beers. cross my fingers, it won't be months before I write again.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment