Wednesday, March 18, 2009

so sad.

latest story in the Springs- yesterday there was a total freak accident on the west side of town (actually right across the street from where Ryan and I were at the time). a woman lost control of her car and went careening into a truck at one of the gas pumps at a 7-11. the truck hit the gas pump, sprayed everything with gas, and then it all went up in flames. an 18 year old girl was filling her car up with gas at a different pump and got trapped between her car and the station. she died.

how crazy is that? totally out of nowhere. she was home from Grinnell for SB and her friend was with her.. the friend tried to push the car out of the way so the girl could escape but the flames were too intense. everyone could only stand there and watch as she burned alive.

the craziest thing is that she's the daughter of my prof here at CC. he was my advisor for the first two years of school (until I switched majors). it just blows me away how ridiculous that accident was. you're standing there, filling up your car with gas, and then you're gone.

life is so fleeting. I used to try to control every little thing that happened to me, and only lately have I thrown up my hands and decided to go along with the ride. I need to keep working on enjoying every moment because really, nothing is ever as bad as it seems. I am so damn lucky.

(news article about the accident here)

No comments:

Post a Comment