yesterday was another gorgeous day in CO- the temps have been in at least the 60s all week, and yesterday we broke some records by hitting the high 70s! unfortunately, since the state is so dry and we're having such gusty winds, there are a couple of wildfires out east... fingers crossed that the one on Ft Carson will be 100% contained soon!
in honor of the weather, Molls and I went for a trail run yesterday afternoon. there are a bunch of trails just west of CC (back by where Ry's parents live) and it's a perfect place to let Molly off the leash and just go. I haven't been running in a loooong time but the minute I put on my iPod and started finding my pace, I was so happy. I've missed it! we ran all over the park area- Molly got to swim in the creek, I got covered in mud when I tried to jump said-creek, we took hills and fields and boulders... it was a good run. near the end, though, poor Molls must have stepped on a cactus because she just stopped cold in the middle of the trail. I had to sit and pick out every single little sticker from her front paw :( it took almost all of my remaining energy (I am unbelievably out of shape) to hold her squirmy body down- she now weighs 70lbs. but once we got those pokey things out, she was ready to rock and roll.
today, we are both dead. it takes a lot to wear Molly out but that run, combined with a long walk afterward with Ry's mom, made her so pooped. I myself had trouble getting out of bed this morning- I am SORE. that'll teach me to start running without stretching both before and after... it feels good to be back though :)
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment