Friday, October 2, 2009

don't drive like a turkey!

today at work we were relatively slow, so I started telling Xuhey about how our boss used to play games when he was a rental agent for Enterprise. I suggested the game where you pick a random word from a jar and you have to use it at some point in the rental (I think this is a real game, Buzzword maybe??).. I thought of a bunch of words, wrote them on slips of paper, and put them in our suggestion can. Xuhey started by picking 'orange' and seriously told the customer, "Orange you glad you're getting a free upgrade?" I could not even contain myself.

next I picked 'pickle.' my customer was a government rental who elected to take a GPS, and when I confirmed with him that he still wanted the GPS, I said, "good call, those things can sure get you out of a pickle!" he looked at me and started laughing while I turned bright red.

then Xuhey pulled 'turkey.' I figured she'd talked about hunting season since it's about to start in CO, or about how Thanksgiving is coming fast, but no. she put her customer in a white Chevy Impala and told him, "don't drive like a turkey! otherwise people will think you're a cop!" and customer all but ran away with his keys. every five seconds after that, I would crack up remembering how warned a customer against being a turkey. bahahaha.

in other, somewhat related, news- I am creating a badass career path with my boss. more on that later. I am so excited for the next couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment