Friday, October 23, 2009

it's his birthday

and he can cry if he wants toooo... ;) happy birthday to Ryan today! poor thing has to work one of the busiest days we've had in a while on his day, but he's a trooper. yay birthdays!

last night we had our little celebration since he will probably have to work late tonight and then I have to be up at 4:30 tomorrow, yuck! I made baked barbeque chicken, one of his favorites, and put up a few decorations around the family room for when he got home. his favorite colors are red and black so I found black streamers and red balloons... he loved it! my momma used to always decorate the kitchen the night before my birthday so I would wake up and have a little something special ;) instead of a cake, he wanted lots of Rice Krispie treats, so I made a big batch of those and crammed candles in them so I could sing and he could have his wish. then we watched The Proposal (with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds)... I was expecting it to be not at all funny and it was HILARIOUS! Ryan Reynolds was soo funny, and Sandra Bullock perfected the uptight awkwardness of her character. I was crackin up.

this morning I did another Nelson family tradition- I left him a card by the bathroon sink on his side to start off his day. he called me at work and said it made him so happy :) an easy, nice touch! tonight we're just going to chill out with a few friends... next Friday we'll finish off his celebration by going to a concert by one of his favorite bands. he always loves the underground artists, so we get to see them in really intimate and personal venues (and the tickets are cheap!). it should be a fun birthday/pre-Halloween night.

today is a gorgeous fall day, so I'm headed outside to take a long walk with Molly. happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment