Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloweenie!

Last night, I decided to partake in a little Halloween activity since I normally steer clear of scary movies, haunted houses, etc. Ryan and I went to dinner with Heather and JD (at Chili's, yummy, my favorite) and then headed to a showing of Paranormal Activity. For some reason, I have been DYING to see this movie and I couldn't even tell you why! I hate scary movies, especially the kind that could be real, the kind that aren't blood and guts and gore, but are more psychological. I saw The Sixth Sense when it came out and I slept in my parents' room... for a week... with the light on. It was terrifying! I mean, how do you know that there aren't spirits walking around that you can't see? When Molly stares at the corner of the ceiling, how do I KNOW there isn't something up there that only she can see?!

So, we went. And I spent a large majority of the time with my eyes covered and my ears plugged. Heather and I demanded that we sit next to each other so we could hold hands/tell each other how "fake" each scene had to be. My favorite part of her company was her saying, "No. NO. NOOOO," during all the scary parts. Ryan sat on the other side of me and tried to tug my hands away from my face... No dice, buddy. Overall, the movie was good and I think they did a fantastic job going back to the basics of scaring people. I would have been more unable to sleep if one, the movie hadn't ended the way it did or two, I hadn't read every bit about how it was made online before I left. :) the little things are what made the movie really frightening and I think it was cool that they made the movie on only $12k or something like that.

Saturday is Dana's Halloween party and she absolutely requires everyone to have a costume--great, but hard to figure out what I'm going to be! I tried super hard to convince Ryan that we should go as Captain Hook and Peter Pan... me as CH, of course, and him as Petey. He is NOT so excited about that idea. We were hoping to do a couple-y thing (last year, Dana and her husband were Fiona and Shrek, haha!) but who knows. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. buahaha. everyone watched paranormal activity last night here at college. i refused to watch. the last scary movie we watched was about these kids who went road tripping through australia and then got held hostage/tortured by some creepy murderer. it was so scary i literally threw up. rob came back from paranormal activity and was like, "yeah it's a really good thing you didn't watch it with us. you wouldn't be sleeping for the next 2 weeks."

    i decided to go as an elf (complete with the most ridiculous, creepy ears ever)... if only rob hadn't bought his cowboy costume already, i would have made him go as santa. sad day. i will brainstorm for you.

    ReplyDelete