every time I come to my parents house, I wish I never had to leave. it's so quiet and peaceful up here... a good change from the craziness of my little Co Spgs home.
also every time I come home, I am surprised by the new changes/additions my parents have done to the house. this time it was just a few touches to the great room- a black & white picture area, and the "welcoming" spot by the front door. M&D made this area of three simple black shelves and covered them with black & white pics in simple black frames. there are pics of M&D when they were younger, Graham and I when we were little, our latest family photo, old extended family pics, Estes Park/mtn pics... I love it. it adds such a personal touch to the room and I actually had been thinking of doing something the same to my own place. the other newish part of the house was that welcoming spot- it's a glass table by the front door with old books and antiques on top. my parents bought this sweet old map of Estes Park and hung it over the table- soo cool. when people walk in the door, they get this historical yet contemporary feel, and the room is elegant but still homey and comfortable.
what I have learned from this visit: my mother will be decorating my first house :)
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment