last night I had another dream about my wedding, but this time it was my mom, my dad, and me getting ready for everything to start. we were at home in STC at our old house and I guess that's where everything was going to take place. it's funny because I've always wanted a wedding at home, and my current plans are to have the ceremony at this amazing site above Estes Park, and then have the reception at our new house (with a big white silk tent set up in the backyard... I could def go on and on). but yeah, so we were back at the old house and I was getting ready before everyone arrived. apparently I didn't have any bridesmaids and I have no idea where my groom was (it's been Ry in the past few dreams.. eek!). my mom and dad were helping the caterers and everyone set up downstairs, and I was putting on like eight different layers of my dress. my mom had to help me because at one point, the entire bottom part of the dress was see-through. that definitely sounds like something that could happen on my real wedding day. after I was pretty much all ready--I still had to do my hair, I guess I decided I was going to do my own makeup/hair that day--I went downstairs to find out that the first guest was arriving. it had just gotten dark outside and it was a little rainy, and everyone who came was going to park in our backyard around the pool. (this reminded me of the scene from my all-time favorite movie, Father of the Bride, when they have to park all the cars in the front yard.) I was so concerned because my dad's gorgeous yard was going to get ruined. I mean, it was rainy, a bunch of cars were going to be driving around on the grass... I was concerned! and my dad just kind of shrugged his shoulders and was like, "it's for you, it's okay." :(
it's a good thing I made plans to go visit my pops this weekend because now I miss him. I am such a daddy's girl- my dad's always been one of my best friends and we are super close... I am excited to go see him while Momma is back home in Chicago for a few days :)

No comments:
Post a Comment