Sunday, January 18, 2009

bowling

Ry got a Wii for Christmas (yes, we've finally caught up to everyone else in the tech sector) and we've been playing it here and there with friends and family. I have proudly acheived pro status, although it's taken some help, but I can sorta hold my own when we pull out the remotes on non-drinking nights. today Heather, a woman I work with, invited me to come REAL bowling with her and her son, Konnor. it's been a while, mostly because I absolutely suck at firstly not scratching the crap out of the alley and 2. even hitting one pin in three frames.

today I broke 100 on all three games! it was a miracle (and no, the fact that Kon had us all use bumpers did not have anything to do with this) and my highest score was a 130-something. for a girl who considers 60-80 anywhere in the realm of "pretty freakin good," I was impressed with myself. I also whooped up on the Fast and the Furious racing game and mini bowling- Heather had to remind me that beating a nine-year-old isn't necessarily one of my biggest accomplishments.

hmm.. other weekend activities? I had dinner with my lovely first year roommate Laura on Friday. we shared a pitcher and some artichoke dip over lots of stories from the past semester. too funny to think about where we both were about three years ago. college is so the time of change. also on Friday we headed out east for Ry's dad's birthday party. it was loud but lots of fun- Larry, who is 80, was my dancing partner for most of the evening. one unfortunate part of the night occurred when this guy (I'll call him A for you-know-what) asked me why I was even talking to him. I was sitting with Ry, our roommate, and their two friends, just talking crap and drinking beers. A comes up with a bottle of Crowne (first sign of complex- short, bald guy with a handle of Crowne, taking shots from the bottle) and starts chatting with the boys. I make a comment--nothing too big or noteworthy--and A just looks at me.
A: why are you talking?
me: umm..
A: stares at me, light gleaming off of his drunken bald head
me: I was just hanging out
A: but why are you talking to me?
me: stares at him, light shining off of my shiny lustrous hair (haaa)
A: you're a girl.
me: yes... (very good Einstein, are you sure that whiskey isn't smart juice?)
A: you shouldn't talk to me if you're a girl. it doesn't matter what you say.
me: ?#*$%^&$*(#$#($(@!?!??!?!!?
A: you have no importance.
me: middle fingers both go up and I walk off
all the other boys: SOUDFwPEHF@)*(#&$@203)#*&@#)*(WSDF!

what a prick. his wife (also fat and extremely unattractive) came up to me later and asked if I had learned my place and lesson yet. I smiled sweetly and did not say a word.

off to get some sleep before my first day of block five. more later this week- the inauguration should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment