Thursday, January 22, 2009

Molly and Me?

I feel like this is turning into my version of Marley and Me... the adventures of Molly (and sometimes me). I can't really help it- she provides so much entertainment in my life on a daily basis, I feel as though I should share it. I also feel like a mom who is overly proud of/in love with her kid: I think everyone wants to hear about her all the time.


last night for some reason Ry and I both woke up at 3:30. I got up to get some water, and of course, once I'm up, everyone's up. I had to let the dogs out and when I let them back in, I fell victim to her latest scheme- stealing my spot in bed. we have a king sized bed and Ry and I sleep on a space of about a twin because the dogs take over. Molly though has recently been craving the one spot where she can't lay- my pillow. when she senses I'm about to go to sleep, or when I let her in from her nightly trip outside, she distracts me with something cute or annoying and then takes off around the corner to our room. when I finally get there, she's all settled in on top of my pillows, head on her paws, tail wagging just the tiniest bit. and she will NOT MOVE! no matter what I do--tempt her with treats, jingle the keys like we're going for a ride, yell at her--she will not get out of that spot. my latest method of getting my place back is just laying on top of her until she gets too hot or too crowded. even then it can take five to ten minutes. what a brat.


here she is, being the cutest puppy ever. Ry added the beer bottle (of course).


side story- this morning I got to class about 45 min early because I had some reading to finish up. I'm a big highlighter when I read and I tend to leave the marker uncapped when I'm busy doing other things. I had to get up and move in the middle of working and I must have smushed the pen tip up against my front... and of course I have a white lacy tank top on today. I walked around for about two hours with pink scribbles all over my right boob. classic.

tomorrow- more stories like the highlighter one. I really have become so clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment