Thursday, January 8, 2009

clumsy

lately I have become one of the most accidental, clumsy people I know. I never used to be this way; I've always been very neat, organized, careful... not wanting to mess things up. recently, though, it's been kind of ridiculous.

last night I got home from dinner at Ry's parents' house and found Molly on top of the kitchen table... AGAIN. we never use our kitchen table for anything except maybe the place where we throw our keys and the mail, so when we got Ry's cat (Kahlua) we set up her little cage and food area up there. Molly must want to chase Kahlua or eat her food or something because this is the second time I've come home to find her 60 pound body on an area of about two feet. the first time, she just seemed scared and I figured she had gotten up there and couldn't get down (she's scared of heights), but last night, she was up there again and hopped down, all cheerful, so proud of herself. I of course got angry at my wacko dog and stuck her and Zuke (my roommate's dog) outside. I planned to leave the house again and figured I would teach those puppies a lesson by leaving them in the yard, but halfway down the street I changed my mind. call me a softie, but I was worried about them jumping the fence or digging a hole or something that would wind up with doggie roadkill outside my house. I told Ry I would just run in and let the dogs in, nope I didn't need help, and I took off at a run for the front door. now, we have these flagstone little steps up to the front door and some of them are at awkward angles and sticking out of the ground. in my haste I happened to lodge my right toes directly in the crevice between the step and the ground... and I went flying. I literally skidded to a stop on the concrete and dirt (only after my knees, elbows, and hand took the impact). the best part is that we happen to live on a fairly busy street in the Springs and I had just wrecked in front of half a dozen cars. awesome.

today my knees are swollen and red and bruised and my elbows burned in the shower. my bosses at work are convincing me to tell everyone I was drunk because that would be a less embarassing story. ha. it's not as bad as the other day when I filled my glass to the brim with peach iced tea, set it down on my nightstand, and then turned around with my arm still extended so that I knocked the glass toward my open closet door. oh the joy. I also happened to spray my touch lamp (the kind where you tap it and the light turns on in response to a change in temperature) so that it kept flicking on and off. great.

and of course today I walked into work and promptly dropped the first stack of about 25 papers I had to file. I am so coordinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment