Friday, January 23, 2009

I feel like a wrecking ball

clumsy things I have done lately:

-ran my knee into Zuke's (my roommate's dog) open mouth, indenting my knee with three tooth marks and one big bruise.
-tripped over Molly's new toy, which is a combo of a rope and a hard plastic tube. it resulted in the bending of my toenail.
-bashed my head into the corner of my car's passenger door. I was getting gas and I turned around to toss my wallet back into the car... I misjudged the distance between my forehead and the extremely sharp corner. I now have a red line above my right eyebrow, making me look permanently surprised.
-scratched my arm on the corner of my nightstand while trying to turn the alarm off on my phone. I must have hit it at the perfect angle because I have had at least three people notice it.
-cut my finger on my parents' fridge. I was putting lettuce away in the bottom drawer and I happened to jam my knuckle into the lid part.

honestly, how is this even possible that I get injured so often? I used to be the most bruise-free person, always organized and careful and particular about my movements. now I find myself flailing about, banging into anything or anyone who enters my life.

in other news, I'm up at my parents' for the weekend. can't wait for some long walks, good meals, generally just some time away. Molly and I are going to bond, seeing as how she has recently been ripping up the couch. I guess it's her way of being mad at me for going back to school... the vet calls it separation anxiety. I call it being a brat.

1 comment:

  1. haha you make me laugh. that being said, the little toenail portion made me feel a tad barfy. however, as a fellow super-clumsy-how-do-i-even-make-it-through-lifer, i feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete