Tuesday, January 13, 2009

this and that

- yesterday I went to the dollar store to get some toys for the dogs. I figured they needed something to keep them busy while all of us are gone during the day... for Christmas I bought Molly one of those Kong things (you stick a treat inside and the dog is supposed to be all occupied with getting the treat out, which is an impossible task) but she just carries it around in her mouth and doesn't really care about what's inside. whenever I buy the dogs rawhides, Molly will eat both hers and Zuke's in about two minutes. so yesterday I spent a grand total of six dollars on tennis balls, stuffed hamburgers, a thing that looks like a pair of dice, a tug-of-war rope, etc. Ry bought Molly a big butcher type bone for five bucks, so I figured we were set and good to go. this morning, there is one toy left. the bone is gone, the dice are gone, the tennis balls are shredded, stuffing is everywhere... only a slobbery, mud-covered squeaky hamburger remains.

- I found a used disposable camera over the weekend and took it to Walgreens to get developed. I'm so pro-digital these days that I normally refuse to get any physical photos but I had a coupon :) so I was excited about getting these pics back--I had no idea where they were from and I thought maybe they'd be these really flattering shots of me and all of my wonderful, exotic adventures. ha. they were crap. I must have had a few beers and then gone into a dark room and pressed the shutter button about 27 times. every picture was grey (gray? I never know the right one), blurry, smudged, etc. and I could barely make out my big booty in a couple of them. it was like getting all of the correct lottery numbers except for one. lame.

- my newest craving has been Frank's hot sauce. if you know me well, you'll understand my aversion to all things spicy. mild salsa makes my eyes water. but lately I've been just drooling over Frank's and I've been trying to put it on everything. Ry's dad made us scrambled eggs the other day... I doused them in Frank's. I normally am creeped out by Ramen but when a heavy dose of Frank's? Mmm. after I'm done eating tears will be streaming down my face and I'll have drank a gallon of water, but my craving is satisfied... until about two hours later when I want some more. what is that all about? and no, I am anything but pregnant.

- speaking of the lottery, my newest plan is to win. maybe tomorrow I'll write about what I would do with 70 million dollars.

ry and i at lunch before christmas (and no, this was not one of my disposable cam pics):

No comments:

Post a Comment